Annual NEATE Writing Contest for Students
- Students who are enrolled in middle or high schools in New England are eligible.
- Students must submit a submission and consent form. Entries without a submission and consent form will not be advanced in the selection process.
- Each submission must be under 750 words.
- Students may submit only one piece.
- Entries should include name, grade level, title of the piece, category and word count.
- Entries must be submitted in a Microsoft word extension (.doc or.docx) or with a .pdf extension.
- Submissions must be submitted online only to: NEATEContest@Gmail.com
- Contestants will be grouped according to age level: Middle or High School.
- Winners will be chosen from each category: Nonfiction, Poetry and Fiction
- Winners will be published in The Leaflet, the publication of New England Association of Teachers of English, and announced and published in various NEATE forums.
- Winners will also be awarded $50 for each category at each level.
- Submissions need to be sponsored by a teacher. This teacher will certify that the student attends the school identified on the submission form and will attest to the work being an original piece. This teacher does not have to be a member of NEATE. Teachers who sponsor the winning writers will receive a $25 discount to attend the NEATE Annual Conference.
Deadline for submissions is March 2, 2018.
Winners will be announced on or before May 1, 2018.
NEATE Writing Contest Rules
NEATE Writing Contest Submission and Consent Form